Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Mediterranean Chicken breast & Green Bean Stew

 my Mediterranean healthy, hearty but light Chicken breast & Green Bean Stew -  

This dish is inspired by the greek cuisine, a very healthy dish, good both as a weightloss dish as it is, but can also be even lower in carbs if you don't use potatoes for those who prefer a low carb diet. And a dish worth to make to maintain weight, we need hearty healthy dishes to comfort especially the cooler season. I also love the warm feeling of summer this food awaken,

The Mediterranean diet is proved many times to be one of the healthiest cuisines in the world and also one of the best diets for weightloss and to maintain a healthy weight and a good life with health. Well it has it all!!! 

As a foodie I love food from all over the world but I always come back to the Mediterranean cuisine and give a touch of the Mediterranean health in the dishes, lemon and olive oil are healthy stands in my kitchen. The tastes, colors the freshness of the sea and warmth of the sun and love for the good life is the pressmark of the Mediterranean food and the people which prepare everything with love. They master the good life! 

I made this dish with potatoes and chicken for a more hearty feeling, suitable the cooler season when we need a little more to feel and be satisfied. During the warm season I use only beans, it is a vegetarian very popular dish in greece, but that is another story, isn't it! I also gave the dish a touch of the healthy Asian cuisine by adding new flavor and health benefits through Asian spices. 

I believe and know that an approach, which is to enjoy our food, either we are on a weightloss path or need to eat better, the results are greater in weightloss and a healthier body when we enjoy what we build our body with instead of suffering. Enjoy your life, your food. Enjoy you and you  will reach your goals. You have to feel great to be great! So eat well and good!!!


Mediterranean Chicken breast & Green Bean Stew 
serves 4

Ingredients
1 lb or 1/2 kg chicken breast in cubs
1-2 tbsp olive oil 
1 red onion, in thin slices
2 gloves of garlic minced
9 ounces or 250 gr green beans
1 eggplant or zucchini cut to half moons
2 potatoes, cut in 4-6 pieces each
3 big well ripen tomatoes chopped fine or can tomatoes
1/4 c parsley, chopped
1 1\2 c or 325 ml chicken or vegetable stock or as much to needed to cover the food
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional) *
a pinch of seven spices (optional) *
salt and pepper

Directions
Wash all the veggies well. Mince the garlic and slice the onion.
Then prepare the vegetables, cut the edges of the beans from the stalk side if fresh, then cut them in halves (no need for that if frozen). Prepare the eggplant or zucchini, potatoes, and parsley.
In a pot, add the oil, the chopped onion and the garlic stir, add the dry spices and stir.   Add and stir in the tomatoes to saute a couple minutes, pour in 1/2 cup stock and let boil for about 10 minutes.( You can shorten the cooking time with 10 minutes by not let the sauce cook but it gets tastier).
Add  chicken, potatoes, vegetable and stir after each add, taste with salt, pepper, and add the rest of the stock stir and cover the pot.
Let everything cook on medium low heat until cooked for about 30 minutes at most. 
Serve and enjoy this light but very satisfying stew, delicious


Tip to serve the dish as a Greek should..
Serve it with feta cheese on the side and  a slice country bread a wonderful tomato and cucumber salad will complete. If you are on weightloss eat the salad but not the cheese and bread, that is for you to enjoy another time ;)


Developing recipes is fun even though not the easiest always to write a recipe of your greatness in kitchen and I hope I succeded so you will love my food as much as my family and guests does. It's made with love and created with care for you. When I cook at home I don't measure, I take a little of this and a little of that and create my deliciousness so I hope I manages to convey to you what I succeed in my kitchen! 



Bon appetit!



I would love to hear from you!
send me a mail if you want 


Thanks for sharing!



No comments:

Post a Comment