Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Eating out healthy review / Great Korean hot pot dish at Suria klcc



Eating out can sometimes be tricky and when abroad can it be difficult as you are not familiar with the cuisine.  The domestic way of cooking differ from the same cuisine in your country, as I experienced here in Kuala Lumpur. 

No matter where in the world you are if you want to avoid to much fat in your meal, which is what is served in many restaurants all over the world, you need to choose what you eat with more care.
There are always options for a good and healthy meal and that does not mean boring. You can have wonderful food with some adjustments you can ask them to do for you.  You can always ask to replace something you don't want to eat either for health or diet issues. For example you maybe eat a low carb diet, then you can ask to have vegetables instead of rice, pasta or potatoes, you maybe are on a low fat diet, then ask to have your vinaigrette aside, choose the grill option on the menu and ask them to serve the gravy separately or even better no gravy ask for a slice of lemon .

My video is to entertain you and give you a taste of the worlds wonderful eating places.  

For a few days ago I was at Suria klcc mall in KL and decided to eat lunch at the food court. As I have tried many of the Malaysian dishes, I love Malaysian food, but I know there is a great deal of fat in the food, so the challenge is easier now as I am familiar to the domestic way of cooking and can make better and healthier food choices. 
One dish I found to be healthy as though it is a hearty meal is the Korean hot pot dish named Dolsot Bibimbap  where the already prepared ingredients is put together as you can see in the video over the fire and the rice became nice and deliciously crispy at the bottom, a delight . The dish can be chosen as vegetarian, with chicken or beef. I choose mine with chicken and the other ingredients is spinach, carrot, mushrooms and been sprouts, all those together with the egg makes it to a very well balanced meal with a good nutritional value. Served with the meal is also a cup of miso soup  two wedges boiled potatoes and fermented cabbage. I am very satisfied with my choice and I can also choose not to eat all the rice and share my potatoes to my companion! 
I hope you will visit a Korean restaurant and try Dolsot Bibimbap and as it is such a good food choice I will try to find a recipe that you can enjoy making at home for your family and friends and you will completely wow them!











  • Miso soup










  • Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup consisting of a stock called "dashi" into which softened miso paste is mixed. Many ingredients are added depending on regional and seasonal recipes, and personal preference. Wikipedia



  • Lets talk about it!
    What do you like about the post?