Pages

Saturday 23 May 2015

Kolak Biu - Balinese Delicious Banana Pudding (cooking around the world)


irenej
Welcoming drink, lemonade


A good way to get to know a new country is through it's flavors. Food is bound to so many different aspects, furthermore than taste and flavor. Food is culture, tradition, location and belonging, so I decided to besides eating, to take cooking classes, learn at place . 







I want to explore with as many senses as possible, be more familiar with each place and the art of cooking the food of the country I visit. And I have to say that my first experience was real good. I recommend it warmly if you have the time in your vacation to do so and of course the money. If you do you will hopefully have fun and also get to know knew people while you learn authentic cooking and have a nice meal too. 
There is of course the chance to being involved in the wrong cooking classes but do your homework read reviews in travel websites and see what others have to say, for example and you can always ask me, though I just started with cooking classes I will answer in what I know, or check my videos about cooking around the world list on YouTube and see if there is any information

My intention is also to make my own versions eventually, improve the recipes when I feel is needed or just give them my personal touch. As I am interested and credited in wellness, healthy living and nutrition I may want to replace ingredients, though that will be when I recreate the recipes I like most. Meanwhile I will serve to you the recipes as I receive them for you to try and enjoy without costing you a dime for the pleasure that is to share. I love that!!!

Back to my Balinese cooking class!
In my cooking class in Bali we made 9 recipes and I was just able to record this one as the only one we didn't do by our selves. However I Do have the recipes and enough pictures to recreate all the Balinese dishes. 






Kolak Biu -  Banana Pudding

Serves 2  (for more just add up)
Ingredients

2 bananas
2 Tbsp palm sugar
2 Tbsp coconut cream
5 pieces jack fruit
1 pandan leaf 
1 Tbsp corn flour (optional)
a pinch of salt
2 cups water 

Garnish
1 tsp grated coconut
1 Tbsp palm sugar


irene j.alma


How to:
1. Slice the bananas, grate the palm sugar and cut the jack fruit into   thin slices.
2. Boil the water and add pandan leaf, banana slices, jack fruit, palm sugar and coconut cream.  Meanwhile, add corn flour to about 2 Tbsp of water and mix thoroughly. Let the banana mixture cook for about 2 minutes, then add the corn flour liquid, stirring gently, to thicken it.
3. Stir for less than a minute and remove from heat. Serve on a dessert plate.
4. To make an optional syrup, boil 1 Tbsp palm sugar in half cup of water until it becomes thick. As a garnish, drizzle the syrup over the dish and top it with grated coconut.

Enjoy a healthier alternative to banana pudding desserts with a lot fewer calories than the traditional, baked with flour and fat. 


irenejalma



After the meal we had with many dishes to enjoy this easy banana dessert was just enough to end our lovely flavorful lunch.



irenejalma
The Host 



I haven't decided yet how I want to use my material of my pictures and recipes so I hope you will enjoy this recipe for the moment. I will maybe create a slideshow or keep them to create a book in future or I will make videos or all of the choices, remains to see :)
And reviews about the specific classes may be added then as well if there is interest for that.



If you are ready for more adventures in the kitchen and otherwise welcome to follow me on YouTube, Instagram and/or here and I would be happy for your feedback and support :)




Please Share and Spread the Joy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment