Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Eating out healthy review / Gado-gado


Here I'm on my mission to have fun and eat out healthy. This time I decided to eat at the popular for Malay Chicken Rice restaurant. When eating out I mostly choose food I can find worldwide and I like to try food which I can cook at home. It's a fun way to get some new food ideas and entertain friends. You have something new to talk about and have the chance to shine ;) 

Checking for healthy good eats I saw on the menu the Gado-gado dish looking good and alluring with all fresh veggies and peanut sauce. I decided to give it a try. And I was right the salad tastes good is filling and the peanut sauce take the dish a step further. I just love peanut sauce and have to look up not to eat to much :D






And what is Gado-gado little facts to be familiar with this delight!
Gado-gado is an Indonesian vegetable salad with a mix of blanched and raw vegetables, boiled potatoes, boiled eggs and tofu or tempeh as a protein source, served with a peanut sauce dressing, oh my gosh I love it.  As with all loved dishes Gado-gado varies in style depending on the region it was developed - it is a nutritious and well-balanced meal. You can enjoy Gado-gado  worldwide in Indonesian like restaurants as a perfect eating out healthy dish, I promise it is worth trying. In some regions it is also consumed with seafood, you have just to ask at the restaurant and tell them how you want your Gado-gado.  But to keep you lean ask to have the peanut sauce aside, they may add the sauce on top of the dish otherwise and if you forget that then dear friend you have to run en extra round next day. Peanut sauce is healthy but high in fat and should be eaten in moderation.




My salad was made with tofu and hard boiled egg, blanched green beans, strips of cucumber, turnip and beansprouts. There should have been carrot too but the kitchen run out of it a little minus there for the restaurant!
So this will be my next to make at home dinner and introduce to you my own Gado-gado!



I would be happy to hear from you!