Pages

Thursday 5 December 2013

Life teachings from a giant / Nelson Mandela


I have the greatest admiration for mr Nelson Mandela and I see him as one of the greatest teachers for love in humanity, one of the greatest examples in human history, and the best teacher to learn from. Everyone awe such an example of greatness! 

I like to cite the great actor mr Morgan Freeman expressed very well about mr Mandela:
"Today the world lost one of the true giants of the past century. Nelson Mandela was a man
of incomparable honor, unconquerable strength, and unyielding resolve---a saint to many, a hero to all who treasure liberty, freedom and the dignity of humankind. As we remember his triumphs, let us, in his memory, not just reflect on how far we've come, but on how far we have to go. Madiba may no longer be with us, but his journey continues on with me and with all of us."



“We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” 

“It always seems impossible until it's done.” 

“The greatest glory in living
lies not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.” 

 "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

 "I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles."

“One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.” 

“Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” 

 "Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."

“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.” 

“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” 

“ As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” 

“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment